Friday, May 3, 2013

Day 3: Things that make me uncomfortable.

Blog Every Day in May Challenge: Day 3

If you're expecting something deep here today, look elsewhere.  When I read the topic for the day - things that make you uncomfortable - one thing popped into my head. Socks. Nylons. Trouser Socks. Knee highs. Ankle socks. Sweat socks. Seriously.  Socks of any height, fabric, or thickness.  I feel constricted. I feel confined. I feel like my circulation may get cut off.  I hate socks.  I'd rather have cold feet or dirty feet than wear socks.  Sadly, I think I have passed this on to my 8 month daughter.  I was always taking off her socks when we got home so her feet can "breathe." Yes, that is cray cray.  Now, she does it herself.

Hmmm.  Other things that make me uncomfortable...opening gifts or surprises.  I personally love to give gifts or plan surprises which this extra weird in some way.  It makes me uncomfortable to open gifts because I'm always worried that I won't show the right emotion that the giver was expecting.  This is related to my need to "people please" that I'm sure will come up in another blog.  Surprises make me uncomfortable for pretty much the same reason.




No comments:

Post a Comment