Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Day 22: Soap Box

Day 22 of the Blog Every Day in May Challenge: Rant about something. Get up on your soapbox and tell us how you really feel. 
A photographer went to a socialite party in New York.  As he entered the front door, the host said, "I love your pictures - they're wonderful; you must have a fantastic camera."  He said nothing until dinner was finished, then: "That was a wonderful dinner; you must have a terrific stove." - Sam Haskins.

That pretty much sums up one of my biggest pet peeves about photography.  It really drives me crazy when people say something like to me after looking at some of the photos I take.  Yes, I have a good camera but I the key is knowing how to actually use it and make it do what you want.


1 comment:

  1. AMEN!! I hate the "what kind of camera do you use" question. Not because they really want to know, but because they think that the camera is the reason the photos are good. No siree. I could take a better photo on a little point and shoot or with my phone than someone who doesn't know how to use it or change the settings.

    ReplyDelete