Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Blog Every Day in May Challenge

Oh, Sew Snappy, I didn't forget about you! I came across this "Blog Every Day in May" Challenge on one of my favorite Mommy blogs - Running from the Law - and thought it would be great. I loved doing the 365 project with photography but that seems too much to take on.  31 days...31 blog posts.  I can do 31 blog posts. 

Day 1: My Life Story in 250 words

I was born & raised on the Southside Chicago to a nurse for a mother, a banker for a father, and a special needs brother.  Just three years after I was born, my sister entered the mix.  I grew up riding bikes, playing softball, swimming, and using my imagination.  I lost my brother at age 6 and that forever changed our family. We moved to the suburbs when I was in junior high and I hated it until high school.  In high school, I swam, played softball, marched with band, got good grades, made great friends, dealt with heartbreak, and got into trouble without getting caught.  I attended the University of Illinois with the plan to become a pediatrician.  After tons of studying and tons of not studying, an amazing study abroad experience, volunteering and odd jobs, I decided to pursue social work.  While getting my MSW, I met with people that would be my forever friends.  In April 2005, one of these forever friends set me up on a blind date to “meet my future husband” and it worked.  He purposed with a sweet dog with a heart shaped spot in August 2006. In September 2007, we hosted one of the most memorable weddings.  We wanted a baby right away but had to struggle for almost 5 years before we had our miracle baby girl on August 31, 2012.  All my life all I ever wanted to be was a mom…and now I am.



No comments:

Post a Comment