Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Day 29: Sing along

Day 29 of the Blog Every Day in May Challenge:  Five songs or pieces of music that speak to you or bring back memories. 

1. Everyday People - Sly & the Family Stone
This song reminds me of my childhood.  My sister & I would make up dance routines and sing along to this whole album.  And yes, I'm talking vinyl.  My parents introduced us to some great music as kids. 

2. N'SYNC
Anything by N'Sync reminds of high school.  Boy bands, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, & many other Disney stars turned Pop stars were huge during this time.  

3. Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World - Israel Kamakawiwo’ole
This song reminds of my wedding.  As soon as I started planning my wedding, I knew that I wanted to dance to this song with my Dad.  At my bridal shower, my dad debuted a slideshow he made for me with this song playing in the background.  Throughout the year leading up to the wedding, I probably listened to this song 100 times if not more!  I still get a little teary eyed when I hear the song. 

4. Dog Days are Over - Florence + The Machine
This song reminds of the late summer/Fall of 2011 when we were in the midst of intense fertility treatments and preparations for IVF.  I loved this song before it became popular because it really lifted my spirits every time I heard it.  I loved singing along to it at the top of my lungs too!

5. Home - Phillip Phillips
This song reminds me of all things Eloise.  The first time I heard this song on American Idol, I instantly connected with it.  At the time, I was 7.5 pregnant and anticipating Eloise's arrival.  Brad also loved the song and connected it with Eloise too.  It gained even more popularity with the Olympics.  Before I had Eloise, I told Brad that would use this song for a slideshow with photos of her one day.  When Eloise was only days old, Brad did just that.  He made a beautiful slideshow with all the photos for her first few days.  Every time I hear the song, I get choked up thinking about those first few days. 



No comments:

Post a Comment