Saturday, October 29, 2011

Waiting

My friend Anita shared this devotion with me the other day & it touched me and also made me think of many people in my life. 

Is there something you are waiting for, something you are trusting God to do, to perform, to fulfill, and He hasn't done it yet?  You are probably waiting longer than you thought you would have to wait.  But that doesn't mean God's provision in cancelled.  It just means His promise is delayed.  Our timetable is different from His, and on occasion He will say, "Wait."  I repeat, the delay doesn't mean He has cancelled it, it simply means He's building our character through the process of waiting.

I waited patiently for the LORD; 
and He inclined to me and heard my cry.  ~ Psalm 40:1


It's words like this that can give us perspective in life.  There are times when I feel like I've waited for a lifetime something that I wanted, only to wait longer.  At least I know that I'm building character in the process ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment