Friday, August 3, 2012

Babies are a Hoot: Tour of our Owl/Forest-themed Nursery

Before we even knew the sex of the baby, Brad & I had decided to do a forest theme with the nursery.  We started off by painting the walls a warm green color - Spring Cactus Green.    
Considering that we have vaulted ceilings in the room, we decided to have some fun and paint a big tree to really emphasize the forest theme. 
After finding the sex and deciding on a name, we decided to make our own letters to display the name.
After looking for Owl decals & wall decor for what seemed like weeks, I decided to make my own Owls for the Nursery. In fact, I made a whole Owl Family.  
Here are the steps for making Baby Girl's Owl. 
No baby's room is complete without their own personal name banner made by me. 
Enter through the door and see what we have created for our baby girl....
Our Owl Family
The lyrics to "You are my Sunshine" hang above the crib
Meet her Owl friends, Penny & Joy
No way getting around having a little Deer representation in the nursery - painted by Brad & Me
I painted a little garden of hydrangeas (our wedding flower) under the window



1 comment:

  1. Are you for real??? This is gorgeous!!! She is one blessed little girl. Great job!

    ReplyDelete