Saturday, December 31, 2011

Best of 2011

One of my favorite things about each year coming to an end are all the "Best of" lists that pop up everywhere.  Some of my favorite blogs inspired me to do my own.


Best Book:

This was a book that stumbled into my suggested readings list and I'm so glad that it did.  If you ever have had a doubt about there being such a thing as Heaven, read this book.  When all you need is a little faith to get you through, this confirms that it is all true...all real.  I have always been refreshed by a child's take on life so this book was extra refreshing!

Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back




















Best Song:
Seriously, there are many great songs that have come out this year but I chose this one more because of the memories attached to it.  My sister and I have been lifetime NKOTB (New Kids on the Block) fans and have really enjoyed rekindling our love for them in our adult life.  This summer NKOTB and BSB (Backstreet Boys) joined forces for a big tour and this one song.  Every time I hear it, I picture them singing and I flash back to all the NKOTB great memories I have made. 
Best Movie:
Remember - this is my list...





Best Website
Pinterest
I'm pretty sure I included this on a list of things I was obsessed with earlier this year and believe me, I'm still obsessed.  I have even posted a few of my own photographs and was delighted to see other people "pin it" to their boards.  I seriously spend hours every week pinning recipes, photos, potential outfits, and crafts.  



Best App for the iPhone
MyFitnessPal.  
At the end of July, I started a weight loss journey and this website was recommended to me by a dietician at work.  Not only is this program an App on your phone it is also a website.  It is free too!  MyFitness Pal allows you to track your calories, weight, and exercise.  Along with Jillian Michaels' workout DVDs, I have lost 35+ pounds!!  


Best Photog Gadget
Instagram.
The reality is that you can't always bring your camera everywhere you go.  Instagram is another great App for the phone that allows you to take great pictures and do some fun editing instantly.  I love following various celebrities and friends on Instagram as well.  



Best Party I attended
Kristin's Sprinkle.
I have been to tons of baby showers in my life but never a Sprinkle.  This summer I attended my dear friend Kristin's Sprinkle to celebrate Kristin and get her ready for the birth of her second son, Leo.  What made this party so memorable was the intimacy of the event.  Kristin was surrounded by her closest female family members and friends.  It was an honor to sit around that big table and see all the history and love among those in attendance.  The best part of the Sprinkle was not the amazing brunch but the moment where everyone went around the table and told Kristin what is was that they loved about her as a mother.  Not a dry eye in the house.  Sometimes you don't really need more baby stuff, you just need people to tell you that you are an awesome mom.  

Best Friendship Moment
I feel that I'm truly blessed to have some amazing friends in my life.  The best part is when I get them all together and watch them hit it off.  My best moment in friendship of 2011 was with my friend Sarah.   Sarah and I have a inexplicable connection and refer to one another as a each other's sister wife from time to time.  The actual moment was at about 6:45am on a Friday morning in September as I was driving to work.  Sarah called me and told me that she had taken a pregnancy test and it was positive.  I was so overjoyed for her that I'm surprised I did not wreck my car.  The funny thing was that she only had taken 1 test and wanted some additional confirmation.  I of course told her to buy another test on her way to work and take it there.  I'll never forget the big smile on her face when I finally made it up to her office.  Sarah is now 5+ months pregnant and expecting a baby girl.  One day, I'm sure we will be telling her daughter this story. 


Best Photographic Moment
Completing my first Project 365!!


Wishing you a Snappy New Year in 2012!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment