Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Pregnancy Must Haves

I looked at the Baby Countdown Clock today and saw that it said 100 days until New Baby!  It got me thinking that I should make a list of my Pregnancy Must Haves...while I can still remember them.  Yes, Pregnancy Brain...Baby Brain...whatever you want to call it has set it.  Many of these "must haves" have come from various sources - friends, blogs, and even Pinterest.




1. Pregnancy Boppy
My BFF Sarah bought me the Boppy Prenatal Total body pillow right after my first trimester.  She was a few months ahead of me in her pregnancy and swore by this pillow.  She was right!  I'm especially thankful for it now that I'm getting bigger.  A pregnant gal can never have enough pillows or support!

2. Seamless tanks
Buy these in every color possible!  These tanks are a maternity basic.  They provide extra support and coverage right when you need it.  It's impressive how much they stretch because they fit just as great now at 25 weeks as they did at 12 weeks. 

3. Lotion
There have been times during this pregnancy that I have seriously felt like an alligator because my skin was so dry.  I noticed that as my belly started to grow that my skin got really itchy from time to time.  There are tons of different brands of lotions to pick from but I've found that anything for dry skin/sensitive skin is a winner. So when you walk past that huge pump bottle of lotion at Costco, buy it.  Heck, buy 2.  If you're looking for a sure thing, pick yourself up a bottle of Mother's Friend.

4. Pregnancy Apps for your phone
Nowadays, everyone is busy and wants information RIGHT NOW.  Having a few pregnancy apps on my phone has been great.  I downloaded the "What to Expect When You're Expecting" & "Baby Bump" apps.  They both have daily & weekly tips and updates about your pregnancy.  It has been a great and easy way for me to know what to look forward to as well as learn some helpful tips.  

5. Fun-spirited Mommy blogs or twitter accounts
I have joked many times that your two best friends when you are pregnant are - paranoia & fear.  I have gotten overwhelmed and anxious on almost a daily basis with all the different things to do/not do, eat/not eat, or buy/not buy.  I have come across some really funny blogs or twitter accounts that have "calmed the crazy"in my head and made me appreciate the lighter side of being pregnant.  

6. Fruit Snacks
Fruit snacks were my "go to" to fight the chronic nausea I had until 14-15 weeks.  It is so important to find out what your magic snacks or drinks are during that first trimester.  In addition to the fruit snacks, I lived on Easy Mac, Peanut Butter & Jelly, Gatorade, & Ginger Ale. 

7. Good pair of Maternity jeans
Every girl has their favorite pair of jeans that make them feel skinny or just simply more confident.  You need the same thing when you are pregnant.  I found my favorite pair at Kohl's!

8. Dove Clinical Strength Deodorant
Pregnancy = Sweaty.  Enough said. 

9. Bra extenders
Your boobs get bigger and bras are expensive.  Spend $5 on a package of bra extenders to make your current bras last a little bit longer.  You're dropping money here and there on everything else, so save some money this way. 

10. A BFF that is pregnant too!
The reality is that you need a support network of other women who will tell that, "yes, that is normal." You need someone who will give you the real deal when it comes to weird symptoms, aches & pains, and childbirth.  Sometimes it really is better than all the pregnancy books out there.

1 comment:

  1. You really couldn't be any cuter!!! I am so excited for you! I have loved watching your sweet belly grown. So great!

    ReplyDelete