Saturday, September 3, 2011

September Happenings

I have been hearing the last few weeks how sad people are that summer is coming to an end.  I do agree to a certain extent but I absolutely love Fall.  It is my favorite season and is always leaves my social calendar jam packed.

September has lots of happenings and will be a great start to Fall...

In keeping with my commitment to Project 365, I'm doing a 30 day Photo Challenge.  Another photog friend of mine has been doing it and I thought it would be fun.  I got a list of photos to shoot for every day for the next 30 days.  The Photo Challenge includes everything from self portraits to something pink to what you wore today.

My dear friend Nissa just came in town for a few weeks with her 2 1/2 year old Evie and new baby boy Gus.  She is enjoying the last month of her Maternity Leave with her Chicago family & friends.  Although the distance between us is great, it has no effect on how solid our friendship is.  I'm looking forward to squeezing in visits with her & the kiddos whenever I can. 

This week (9/6 - 9/9) coming up at work is Suicide Prevention Week.  I have events planned throughout the entire week for staff & Veterans.  This is in some ways my Super Bowl at work. 

On 9/10/11, one of Brad's oldest friends, Orion, will be getting married.  Brad is standing up in the wedding and I can't wait to snap some great pics at the wedding & reception!

On 9/15/11, Brad & I will celebrate our 4th Anniversary.  Hard to believe that we have already been married for 4 years but I love Brad more now than I did 4 years ago.  Look for a special blog to reflect on this special day.  My gift to Brad will be that I won't be mad at him that he is going hunt that weekend. 

On 9/24/11, I will be attending the Civil Union ceremony of a good friend & co-worker Lorri.  It was a honor to be invited to this special occasion and I can't wait.  Also, I will be taking photos at the ceremony & the celebration to follow. 

September wraps up with a trip down to Bloomington to see the Vedra Family in their new home.  The weekend will start off with a trip to Reality Bites - an awesome Tapas restaurant in downtown Bloomington - with Jodi & Anita.  I'm looking forward to celebrating Landon's 2nd birthday and doing a family photo shoot!

Like I said, lots of happenings in September.  
You don't even want to know what my October looks like ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment