Sunday, September 11, 2011

FALL in Love

Almost everyone has a favorite season.  Hands down, mine is Fall.  

Top Ten Reasons I love Fall

1.  Semi-sandal weather.  I can still get away with wearing sandals or open toe shoes without my toes freezing completely.

2.  Candy Corn.  I seriously printed a recipe the other day for rice krispie treats with candy corn.  For the other Candy Corn lovers, I bet you want me to make you a batch.  

3.  Scarves or Pashminas.  Oh how my neck misses you during the Summer.

4.  Layers.  T-shirt & Hoodie or Tank & Cardigan or Tank, Cardigan, Scarf.  Endless options for layers I tell ya.

5.  Boots.  All 5'1 & 3/4 of me can rock a fierce knee-high boot and skinny jean just like the models in Banana Republic. Ha. 

6.  Fall TV season premiers.  Don't judge.  I love me some quality TV.  You know, Dancing with the Stars, Grey's Anatomy, and pretty much anything Bravo has to offer.  

7.  Orange.  I love the color orange but I feel like it has to go dormant during Spring & Summer.  Welcome back Orange.  Let's create some fabulous outfits, home decor, and food accents. 

8.  Pumpkin.  If there is pumpkin in it, I'm pretty sure it is going to be awesome and I'm going to be obsessed with it for the next 3 months - lattes, scones,  butter, sweaters, home accents.  Just like with the layers - endless options!

9.  Cold Air Smell.  You know what I'm talking about - that smell that the air has once the temperature drops below 60.  Gone are the familiar summer smells of cut grass, meat grilling, or bug spray.  Back again are the smells of treats baking, freshly raked leaves, and autumn-scented candles burning. 

10. Twilight Saga.  Don't Hate.  Twilight movies have traditionally come out during the Fall and on a weekend when Brad is hunting.  This November, Breaking Dawn Part 1 comes out.  I will be pre-ordering my ticket and ironing my various Twilight attire for the big premier.  

Why do you love Fall??



No comments:

Post a Comment