Sunday, March 11, 2012

Make it a CRAFTERnoon

If I had to say what I like best about making crafts, I would say I that love trying something new and making the craft to fit the individual it is for.  I spend many of my afternoons making crafts and most recently worked on some custom baby gifts for a mommy-to-be.  I stumbled upon a fun baby gift idea a few months ago and decided to give it a whirl - a decorated wipes case!
Supplies:
  • Travel wipes case
  • 2-3 different fabrics
  • Various ribbons for embellishment
  • Hot Glue gun
  • Mod Podge
  • Foam brush


 Trace top & bottom of wipes case on fabric.  
 Cut out the pattern for top and glue to wipes case.
 Add additional fabric to make a pattern of your choice
 Add ribbon for embellishment
 Wrap ribbon around edge of wipes case to create a finished look
 Repeat the steps above for the bottom of the wipes case

Apply Mod Podge to wipes case.  Follow directions on the bottle.  Expect to do a few coats. 

Let it dry for 15-20 minutes & Repeat as directed

 Mod Podge gives the wipes case a seal and protects the fabric.

Bonus:  Here is the diaper cake I made for this same Mommy-to-be.  
The nursery has a monkey theme & lavender/purple color scheme.


No comments:

Post a Comment