Friday, November 18, 2011

Twihard!!

Hi, my name is Mandy and I'm Twihard and member of Team Edward.


For those of you who don't know, my love for all things Twilight goes pretty deep.  And just so we are clear - I'm talking books & movies.  What you don't know is that it is more than just dreamy vampires, teenage angst, and choosing which "team" you are on.  It is about building friendships and enriching my sisterhoods.  You would be surprised how many friendships have sparked because of my love for Twilight.  Honestly, it is how Sarah Thakur and I first connected.  I pretty much forced her to read all the Twilight books and almost instantly we became BFFs because we realized we had so much more in common.  I may have swayed her by buying her Team Edward shirts, Edward action figures, Twilight bookmarks, and a board game or two.  But, hey, the end justified the means.  My sister in law Dina & I have many things in common but one thing that we whole heartedly agree on is our love for Edward Cullen.  Throughout the last few years, we have enriched our sisterhood by being lovestruck Twihards together and simply enjoying this fun part of our friendship.  I actually spent a whole night at a wedding reception recounting Breaking Dawn for Dina.  No big deal, glad to do it.  Not many people will see Twilight in the theaters multiple times with you but Dina did.  Again, I may have fed into her obsession by showering her with Team Edward paraphernalia.  I got her everything from Maternity Twilight shirts to ornaments to Twilight-themed onesies for Alex.  I would also like to believe that I played a roll in my friend Jodi becoming a member of Team Edward and my very own sister.  This is what I call commitment - not just to my Twilight obsession but enriching these fun parts of some important relationships in my life.  

 What should I wear?

This weekend I saw The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn: Part 1 with Sarah and my sister in law Dina.      It was amazing and we can't wait for the final installment of the Twilight Saga, Breaking Dawn Part 2.  Too bad we have to wait until November 2012.  Is it weird that I already have a countdown?

1 comment:

  1. I had so much fun last Saturday at the movies with you and Sarah. Everything was amazing- the theater, food, company, and movie! :) Can't wait for next year.

    ReplyDelete