Sunday, May 8, 2011

Word to your Motha


Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.
~Marion C. Garretty

I may not be a Mother myself but because of the many moms in my life, I have been blessed to know a mother's love. I watched many of my dear friends go from being anxious preggos to role model Mommies and what an amazing transformation it is. It is because of them that I have learned so many unexpected parenting tips and have been able to relish in how instinctive parenting really is. Thanks to many of these Mommies, I have been overcome with the joy of being an Aunt - officially & unofficially. I love all the kiddos in my life for all of their unique personalities and sweet smiles.

A daughter is a little girl who grows up to be a friend. ~Author Unknown

I'm lucky enough to be one of those people who has a great relationship with my Mom. We have always had a close relationship. When I was growing up, I used to look forward to going to the grocery store with her every Sunday. Some people might laugh at that but I loved getting her undivided attention and helping out. As I got older, our relationship stayed close. She was always my cheerleader no matter what I was doing. I have many fond memories of sitting in our living room talking in the matching pink armchairs. When I was in college, we always celebrated Mom's Weekend in our own special way. Whether it was going for an annual shopping trip or hitting us some of our fave local haunts - it was a blast. Since college, our relationship has really blossomed into a great friendship. Whether my mom was helping me navigate being a social worker in the VA, giving me advice on everything other sun, or just offering me a glass of good wine, she continues to amaze me. When people at work figure out that we are related, I'm so proud. I love being able to say, "You know that Nurse Practitioner Karen Clark? She is my mom!" The jury is still out who knows more people - me or her ;)

I love you Mom!


Happy Mother's Day to ALL the Mothers in my life!!


1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful tribute to your mom. I know your mom and I agree she is a great person!

    ReplyDelete