Sunday, June 17, 2012

Life is a Gift: Baby Shower Recap

Every good and perfect gift is from above. - James 1:17

This past Sunday, 6/10, my Mom, sister, and Grandma Fitz hosted the most thoughtful and creative shower that a mama-to-be could ask for.  The theme was, "Life is a Gift."  The inspiration for this theme came from my family's belief that this baby is a miracle as well as the bible verse above.

Theme:  Life is a Gift
Location: Maggiano's Naperville
Decor: Pink paper flowers & streamers, pink & green flowers, multi-fabric pennant banner for the gift table, a clothesline filled with onesies that represented everyone in the family, and Clark family -inspired sayings for the centerpieces.  Pinterest better watch out!
Favor: Fruit Snacks.  Fruit snacks played an crucial role during this pregnancy as they were my own personal cure for the nausea that I battled for almost half of this pregnancy.
Game: Guess the number of diapers in the custom made Princess-themed diaper cake


Stand out gifts:
  • Professional photographer documenting the event courtesy of my sister Laura. 
  • A book full of "Motherly Advice" from the all the shower guests
  • Owl-themed quilt & bird mobile made my friend Becky
  • Numerous baby blankets crocheted by some Clark family members with yarn my late Grandma Clark left behind. 
  • A quilt made by Grandma Clark before she passed away that she gave to my mom for safe keeping until we had a baby
Shower Menu
 Centerpiece
 Favors
 Photos by Chantel - can't wait to see them!
 Book of Motherly Advice
 Bird Mobile & Owl Quilt made by Becky
 Princess Diaper Cake made by my Mom, Dad, Sister, & Grandma
 Handmade quilts

Quilt made by Grandma Clark





No comments:

Post a Comment