Thursday, April 21, 2011

Niece Week


I hereby proclaim the Week of April 18th - Niece Week.

On Monday April 18th, my newest niece, Reese Dina Kalins, made her debut. Reese was 7lbs 12 oz and 20 inches. Dina & Reese are doing great. Brad & I went to the hospital Monday night to meet her. It merely took seconds for us to be absolutely in love with her. Of course, Brad is a baby hog and got to hold her first. After he couldn't take my crazy stares anymore, he passed her over to me. Nothing is better than holding a new baby! Being an Aunt has become such an important part of my life and I can't wait to unleash all my Auntie love on my newest niece.


Also on Monday, my dear friend Nicole was finally able to bring her baby Grace home from the NICU after a 4 weeks stay. As I mentioned before, I am one of Grace's "Chicago Aunts" so in some way I consider her a special niece. She is doing great at home and weighs 6 lbs!


Last but certainly not least, Today is April 21st and it is Alexandria's 2nd birthday! It has been quite a week for her - becoming a big sister and turning 2. Words cannot express how much I love this sweet little girl. Her personality shines through everything she does. I have never seen a little girl dance & move like the way she does. She brings so much joy to our family.



Happy Birthday Alex!!!


Big Hugs & Kisses to all my Nieces!!


No comments:

Post a Comment